Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
Available at Cape Town and Durban Campus
The training in Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting is for all Seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship on the business of that ship as part of the ship’s complement including some Port Operations vessels. The objective of the training is so that all seafarers understand the dangers of fire and are able to take preventive measures against fires as well as responding to emergency situations involving fire. The objectives and outcomes of the training;
- Minimize the risk of a fire occurring,
- Maintain a state of readiness to respond to emergency fire situations,
- Carry out initial actions on discovering a fire on board,
- Identify the different firefighting mediums and which is the best to use for different types of fires, and Actively and positively contribute to a fire fighting party/team.
Please refer to basic requirements.
Accreditation & Approval
SAMSA (STCW A-VI/1-2)
- Please refer to specific course requirements.
- Conversant and literate in English.
- Proof of identity.
- An approved training record book.
- All pregnant learners attending strenuous practical sessions (firefighting and survival courses) must produce a letter from a doctor stating that they are fit to attend.
- The Academy will provide full personal protective equipment (PPE), when required.
A minimum number of candidates are required for the course.
The fee includes manuals, notes, stationery and sundry materials.
Refreshments and lunch are to be brought by student, No lunch is being served at current due to covid,
Certificates will be issued to successful candidates on completion of the course.
Course offered at: STC-SA
Please email all booking enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 021 418 5062
18 – 19 January 2021
22 – 23 February 2021
23 – 24 March 2021
19 – 20 April 2021
11 – 12 May 2021
22 – 23 June 2021
20 – 21 July 2021
30 – 31 August 2021
27 – 28 September 2021
19 – 20 October 2021
29 – 30 November 2021
STC-Southern Africa offerssolutions and services, which encompass all aspects of Human Resource Development, Consultancy, Technical Assistance and Research.
We are sure to have a solution for your needs. STC-SA’s understanding of the unique needs of the African continent, positions itself well to provide an Africanised approach, whilst still maintaining the highest quality standards..