Safety Officer Fishing (SOF)
Available at Cape Town Campus
Objective: The objective of the Safety Officer is to ensure the safety of all seafarers on board the vessel
Outline: This learning opportunity is designed for the training of Safety Officers onboard South African Fishing Vessels over 25 GT
- Compiling and reviewing risk assessments.
- Compiling and reviewing safe work procedures.
- Ensuring that all seafarers and contractors adhere to the
- Code of Safe Working Practices.
- Observing work in progress
- Ensuring that proper safety equipment is worn, and procedures are
followed at all times.
- Conducting or facilitating any required investigations of accidents and incidents, including following-up on outstanding actions.
- Monitoring contractor safety programmes and preparing weekly/monthly compliance reports, as required.
- Holding regular monthly health & safety meetings, in order to monitor compliance and provide advice and assistance, where required from the Master of the vessel.
Prerequisites ABET Literacy
Medically fit for sea
Duration 2 Days
Completion exit level: The competent learner will be able to perform the role of a Safety Officer onboard South African Fishing Vessels over 25 Gross Tonnage.
Assessment: Written assessment & Practical evaluation
Certification: Certificate of Competence
STCW ref In accordance in terms of regulation 85 and 86 of the Merchant Shipping (Safe Manning, Training and Certification) Regulations 2013
Validity 5 years
Course offered at: STC-SA
Course lasts for: 2 days
Course Price: R2,185.00
Note about registration:
Please email all booking inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 021 418 5062
Class times are: 07h30-15h30
Click the above calendar link to view dates.
Please note due to covid-19, no lunches are being served at current.
STC-Southern Africa offerssolutions and services, which encompass all aspects of Human Resource Development, Consultancy, Technical Assistance and Research.
We are sure to have a solution for your needs. STC-SA’s understanding of the unique needs of the African continent, positions itself well to provide an Africanised approach, whilst still maintaining the highest quality standards..