Personal Survival Techniques (PST)
Available at Cape Town Campus
The training in Personal Survival Techniques is for all Seafarers employed or engaged in any capacity on board ship on the business of that ship as part of the ship’s complement including some Port Operations vessels. The objective of the training is so that all seafarers understand the basic survival techniques required to survive the perils of the sea. The objectives and outcomes of the training can;
- Survive at sea in the event of ship abandonment,
- Identify emergency situations which may occur,
- Identify life-saving equipment normally carried on ships,
- Identify and use equipment found in a survival craft,
- Locate personal life-saving appliances, and
- Understand the principles concerning survival at sea.
Please refer to basic requirements and provide:
- Medically fit,
- A swimming costume and towel for the practical module in a swimming pool (on day 2).
Accreditation & Approval
SAMSA (STCW A-VI/1-1)
Course offered at: STC-SA
Course lasts for: 2 days
Course Price: R1,905.00
Note about registration:
Please email all booking inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 021 418 5062
Class times are: 07h30-15h30
Click the above calendar link to view dates.
Please note due to covid-19, no lunches are being served at current.
STC-Southern Africa offerssolutions and services, which encompass all aspects of Human Resource Development, Consultancy, Technical Assistance and Research.
We are sure to have a solution for your needs. STC-SA’s understanding of the unique needs of the African continent, positions itself well to provide an Africanised approach, whilst still maintaining the highest quality standards..