Able Seafarer Engine (AB Engine)
Available at Cape Town and Durban Campus
On successful completion of the course, candidates should have the required standard of competence to contribute to:
- A safe engineering watch;
- To the monitoring and controlling of an engine-room watch;
- Fuelling and oil transfer operations;
- Bilge and ballast operations;
- The operation of equipment and machinery; Shipboard maintenance and repair;
- Handling of stores
- Use electrical equipment safely;
- Apply precautions and contribute to the prevention of pollution of the marine environment.
Please refer to basic requirements and please submit the following:
- Proof of having served in an engine-room capacity for a period of not less than 18 months, unless the candidate has trained within an approved accelerated training scheme. At least half of the period must have been on ships over 750 kW propulsion power.
- Certificates: Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting, Competence in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats other than Fast Recue Boats and Ordinary Seafarer Engine (Wiper) certificates.
Accreditation & Approval
SAMSA (STCW A-III/5)
Course offered at: STC-SA
Please email all booking inquiries to email@example.com or call on 021 418 5062
12 – 23 April 2021
17 – 28 May 2021
14 – 25 June 2021
12 – 23 July 2021
16 – 27 August 2021
13 – 24 September 2021
11 – 22 October 2021
15 – 26 November 2021
STC-Southern Africa offerssolutions and services, which encompass all aspects of Human Resource Development, Consultancy, Technical Assistance and Research.
We are sure to have a solution for your needs. STC-SA’s understanding of the unique needs of the African continent, positions itself well to provide an Africanised approach, whilst still maintaining the highest quality standards..