Able Seafarer Deck (AB Deck)
Available at Cape Town and Durban Campus
On successful completion of the course, candidates should have the required standard of competence to contribute to:
- Navigational watch;
- Handling of cargo and stores
- Safe operation of deck equipment and machinery.
Know the following procedures:
- Corrosion control, painting and general maintenance;
- Working aloft;
- Towing operations.
- Knowledge of rope work, bends and hitches and care of ropes;
- Splicing of ropes and wires;
- Occupational health and safety precautions;
- Precautions and contribute to the prevention of pollution of the marine environment.
- Understand the rigging and use of derricks and cranes.
Please refer to basic requirements and please submit the following:
- Proof of having served in a deck capacity for a period of not less than 18 months, unless the candidate has trained within an approved accelerated training scheme. At least half of the period must have been on ships over 100 gross tonnes.
- Certificates: Steering, Fire Prevention & Fire Fighting, Competence in Survival Craft & Rescue Boats other than Fast Recue Boats and Ordinary Seafarer Deck
Accreditation & Approval
SAMSA (STCW A-II/5)
Course offered at: STC-SA
Please email all booking inquiries to email@example.com or call on 021 418 5062
12 – 23 April 2021
17 – 28 May 2021
14 – 25 June 2021
12 – 23 July 2021
16 – 27 August 2021
13 – 24 September 2021
11 – 22 October 2021
15 – 26 November 2021
STC-Southern Africa offerssolutions and services, which encompass all aspects of Human Resource Development, Consultancy, Technical Assistance and Research.
We are sure to have a solution for your needs. STC-SA’s understanding of the unique needs of the African continent, positions itself well to provide an Africanised approach, whilst still maintaining the highest quality standards..